Saturday, June 18, 2005

Tequila

tequila

I drink your soul like Tequila.

Taking shots of your thoughts,
chasing it with your affection.

I'm intoxicated.

A confused concoction of passion,
a buzzed euphoria of us in bed.

My eyes show the loss of my inhibitions
providing a drunken soliloquy
of words best left unsaid.

Unguarded, I divulge what you already know.
My smile slyly telling secrets.

I'm an alcoholic
your essence my favorite drink,
and no amount of rehab will curb the craving.

Not even the mind's intervention
could stop me from taking that glass.

Your being is my unquenchable thirst.

As I bring the Tequila to my lips,
I don't hesitate --

to consume more.

(C) Jheric A. Saracho
June 17, 2005

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No comments: