Monday, October 8, 2007

Words

As I sit here trying to write,
the day slips softly into night.

I can never find the words,
never knowing where to start.
It's impossible to express the feelings,
I have for you in my heart.

I can tell you I dream of you,
you pervade my thoughts all day,
But when I try to tell you how I feel,
I can never find a way.

Mere words can't make you understand,
or make you realize.

I have to hold you in my arms,
and look into your eyes.
I have to whisper, "I love you,"
and kiss your sweet lips.
I have to caress your face,
and let you feel my fingertips.
I could never tell you with words,
although I've often tried,
just how much I love you,
or how I feel inside.

You have to feel my heartbeat,
you have to feel my touch,
because I can always tell you - I love you,

but I can't make you feel how much.
© Jheric A. Saracho
August 6, 2005

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No comments: